Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A dress, a dream, a designer:

When I first met her (8...9 years ago?) Phaedra was my server at a candlelit restaurant in Portland's Pearl District. But really she was (and is!) a budding bridal dress designer, with a penchant for gamine necklines and billows of tulle. She has long since flown to New York to try her fortunes there, but we keep in touch, as sisters in bridal design should (the dear girl has even rummaged through the Garment District for a very particular olive-gold velvet ribbon I needed). Now, after years of honing her skills with custom and one-of-a-kind design, she's preparing to produce her very own bridal gown collection! I couldn't be more excited, and I urge you to join me in supporting her venture on Kickstarter. If her backers' support amounts to $5000 by the time the pledge period ends, she'll receive matching funds to produce her line and lookbook. Special benefits are conferred at each pledge level (I can't wait to find out what dress is named after me).