Saturday, April 7, 2012

Semana Santa in Malaga by Anna Gazda


This weekend in Spain, Easter, the Semana Santa is being celebrated throughout Spain and even if you are not religious it is difficult not to be moved by the processional marches being staged every night this week in most spanish towns and cities.

Year after year each and every village hosts it´s own procession with the costaleros carrying beautifully decorated floats with statues of the Virgin Mary and Jesus on the cross through the towns and cities to celebrate this very sombre occasion.

I always find it rather peaceful watching these processions and very emotional but remember as a child being terrified by the costumes of the Nazarenos, they look a bit like the Klu Klutz Klan and remember when I was about 8 years old in Marbella, one jumping out at us and my sister being really quite frightened!

To allow us to share a bit of this weekend in Spain with you, we would like to share these fabulous images from Anna Gazda, one of our favourite wedding photographers, who has now decamped and set up shop, well home! in Malaga and sent these images to me tonight after me nagging her ;)

I was awestruck, as I always am with Anna´s photos, and although this is not wedding related it is Spain related! 

  know many of our readers, particuarly from the US like to see what we get up to and as well as organising an Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow morning for Twinks, all of us here in wedding world are constantly being creative and keeping busy!

Reviva, however were not engaging in these religious ceremonies today as for one I have man flu and two we were organising and decorating a fabulous party today for a 60th birthday.  My thanks to my fantastic team who over the last few days I could not have done without, chocolate bunnies are on their way :)

Last, but not least, I would also like to say that my journey creating and developing my business has allowed me to meet so many hugely talented and lovely people, both suppliers and clients :)

Wishing you all a lovely Easter weekend x

If you would like to see more fabulous photos from Anna of the Easter processions in Malaga please do hope over and visit Anna´s blog.